Deadline and Funding Cycle
The deadline for the letter of intent is October 1st. Letters of intent received in the foundation office by 5:00 PM on October 1st will be considered. Letters received after the deadline, even if postmarked by the deadline, will not be considered for funding in that cycle. Should October 1st fall on a Saturday or Sunday, the deadline will be the next business day.
Successful candidates will be notified by November 1st. At that time, a foundation representative will disseminate the guidelines for submission of the full grant package and will make an appointment for a site visit to occur, if deemed necessary.
Full grant packages will be due by January 15 and site visits, if necessary, will be made between February 1st and March 30th. Final decisions and funding disbursement for successful proposals will be sent by May 31.
Guidelines for the Letter of Intent
The letter of intent should include:
- The full legal name of the organization.
- A succinct description of the organization, including its history, mission statement, a list of programs and/or services, including number of persons served, and goals.
- A brief description of the purpose for which the grant would be used.
- The total amount of the project and the amount raised to date toward that goal.
- A specific amount of money requested.
- A brief explanation of the project plan and timeline for successful completion of the project.
- A signature of the chief administrative officer of the organization.
The letter of intent should be no longer than two pages; letters submitted which are longer than 2 pages will not be considered. The organization’s IRS Section 501©3 Tax Determination Letter should be submitted with the Letter of Intent. No other attachments should be submitted.
Letters of Intent may be hand delivered or mailed via US Mail or overnight carrier to:
2699 Buford Highway
Buford, Georgia 30518
Please do not send letters “signature required” as it may delay the receipt of your submission beyond the deadline. Please call before delivering a letter in person to ensure that someone is available to greet you. Letters of intent will not be accepted electronically.